What’s in the Profiles?
Teacher Personality Profiles include information about:
- Personality characteristics
- Teaching Strengths
- Potential Stretches
- Learning Preferences
- Communication in Teams / Groups: Strengths & Potential Stretches
- Stress and Possible Remedies.
What are the Benefits for Teachers?
Helping Teachers to:
- Develop their self-awareness and recognise and value the natural strengths associated with their personality – an important step to building confidence and resilience
- Acknowledge and work on their ‘stretches’ in a positive way, for example, time and workload management, being assertive – or controlling, perfectionism, ‘over-sensitivity,’ managing conflict appropriately, etc. This also helps strengthen professional confidence and resilience
- Provide optimum, balanced support for students by developing a greater depth of insight into individual students’ learning preferences and needs, for example, preferred and non-preferred teaching methods, desire for a structured or flexible classroom, step-by-step facts or big picture theory, level of need for teacher contact and feedback, whether they are natural independent learners or require coaching in this area
- Gain a new perspective on their students’ personalities and personality dynamics within a class or group, informing teacher/student relationships, interpretation of behaviour, classroom management, lesson planning, seating plans and group/team combinations – for optimum learning
- Manage particular situations more effectively, for example, when mentoring or supporting a student who is under stress, or when resolving conflict/bullying/relationship difficulties, by providing additional valuable information about personality and likely stressors
- Develop and strengthen teaching and learning in PSHE lessons by using as the basis for topics such as: Self-awareness; Mental Wellbeing; People Diversity; Relationships; Empathy; Respect; Bullying; Resilience; Aspirations; Learning Goals; Careers; CVs; Transition and Change
- Identify and manage workplace and personal stressors
- Explore the impact of their teaching strengths and stretches on different Student personalities and associated learning preferences.